Annual Chapter Picnic is Coming!
Join your ADK FRIENDS for this NOT TO MISS annual event. Great for the whole family, new members and friends interested in ADK!
OUTINGS! GREAT FOODS! POTLUCK DISHES!
WHERE: Ellicott Creek Park
WHEN: Saturday, August 28.
Please save the date and plan on joining your fellow chapter members for a day of fun and fellowship. The casino has a full kitchen, as well as indoor dining space. Ellicott Creek Park has a boat launch, provides opportunities for some short hikes, and is close to bike paths.
Watch for further information in the newsletters and weekly emails. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT CHAPTER ACTIVITIES
Our T-Shirt Sale has come to a Close
Hopefully you were able to get your order in, our sale closed June 19th! All orders received were processed at the end of the sale. Expect delivery in a couple of weeks!
Updated Outings Policies & Procedures – Approved June 1, 2021
These policies and procedures have been revised to reflect the latest Center for Disease Control, New York State Health Department, and Adirondack Mountain Club guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals. The Niagara Frontier Chapter does not require, but strongly encourages, vaccinations for participation in outings and other activities. Persons who are not fully vaccinated should be familiar with and follow the current recommendations.
- All participants call the leader and register in advance.
- At beginning of outing, the leader must screen all participants and themselves with the following questions. Anyone who answers “YES” to any of these should be sent home:
- Do you currently have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (including cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, or loss of taste/smell)?
- Have you had any of the above symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- At beginning of outing, the leader must verify that all participants have hand sanitizer and face masks. Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. Fully vaccinated individuals still need to carry a mask on outings for use if needed.
- Updated liability forms must be signed by all participants. Contact information will be shared with government contact tracers when requested.
Join the ADK Niagara Frontier Chapter!
Click here to visit the Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK) website. Select a Membership type, Under Chapter, select Niagara Frontier.
Our 46er Flag
Carry on our Chapter tradition of carrying our ADK-NFC 46er Flag to the top of your 46th peak. Contact Lynn Kenney (825-7329) to pick up the 46er Flag so it can be a part of your celebratory photo when you complete your final peak to become an Adirondack 46er.
ADK-NFC Meeting Cancellation Policy
The Executive Committee approved a new policy coordinate the decision to cancel the Monthly General Meetings with the Amherst Central School Closings. Since the Amherst Community Church property abuts Amherst High School, the winter weather conditions that warrant school closings will also dictate our General Meetings. When Amherst Schools or After School Activities are cancelled on the day of our ADK meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, then our monthly general meeting will be cancelled. Cancellation news will be reinforced with emails and Facebook postings.
ADK CARES about:
Conservation, Advocacy, Recreation, Education and Stewardship