Our Virtual General Meeting:
Tuesday, May 11, at 7 PM
The meeting will start with a brief chapter meeting, with our program starting around 7:10 pm.
Join using the Zoom link sent out via our weekly email.
If you are interested in joining our email list, please visit the Membership tab
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT CHAPTER ACTIVITIES
FRI 5/21 and FRI 6/25 – Paddling Safety and Rescue Training
Cassanovia Pool with Andrea Vaillancourt-Alder – 8:00 am to 10:00am
Contact Mary Schraven at 716-946-7489 or email email@example.com for more information and to register. $50 per session, with subsidies available through the chapter scholarship application process.
Outings for ADK-NFC have resumed!
We are looking for Trip Leaders to setup outings for upcoming months!! Please contact Greg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your outing. If you need suggestions or want to become a Trip Leader, our Outings Co-Chairs can help!
- Hiking & Winter, Leslie Salathe, email@example.com
- Waterways, Richard Schraven, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will operate under the same guidelines established July 2020 to remain as safe as possible during this pandemic. A brief overview is listed below:
- Day trips ONLY. Overnight outings are prohibited.
- Outings are limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Participants must contact the leader and register in advance.
- Carpooling and spotting of cars are not allowed. Participants from different households are to provide their own transportation.
- The trip plan may not include eating in restaurants prior to or after the outing. Purchasing food from take out windows, such as ice cream stands, is allowed.
- All participants must carry sanitizer/ (or) soap and face masks, and review the following mask use rules.
- Masks are to be readily accessible so that they may be donned quickly when needed. Masks must be worn when within 6 feet of others, especially at busy trailheads and parking areas, public restrooms, when passing others on a trail, at a destination such as a summit, pond, or other attraction, and when stopping at rest areas, gas stations, and other crowded areas.
- Participants from different households are not to share equipment, food, or drinks. They need to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more from members of other households.
The 2021 Earth Day Rain Barrel and Compost Bin Sale
The time has come once again to update your garden space to earth-friendlier water and fertilizer! As you select various items to purchase, options for you to select a pick up location and date will pop up. ErieComposterSale.com
Join the ADK Niagara Frontier Chapter!
Click here to visit the Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK) website. Select a Membership type, Under Chapter, select Niagara Frontier.
Our 46er Flag
Carry on our Chapter tradition of carrying our ADK-NFC 46er Flag to the top of your 46th peak. Contact Lynn Kenney (825-7329) to pick up the 46er Flag so it can be a part of your celebratory photo when you complete your final peak to become an Adirondack 46er.
ADK-NFC Meeting Cancellation Policy
The Executive Committee approved a new policy coordinate the decision to cancel the Monthly General Meetings with the Amherst Central School Closings. Since the Amherst Community Church property abuts Amherst High School, the winter weather conditions that warrant school closings will also dictate our General Meetings. When Amherst Schools or After School Activities are cancelled on the day of our ADK meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, then our monthly general meeting will be cancelled. Cancellation news will be reinforced with emails and Facebook postings.
ADK CARES about:
Conservation, Advocacy, Recreation, Education and Stewardship