Our Virtual General Meeting:
Tuesday, June 8th, at 7 PM
We need to have at least 35 people participate in the vote at the June meeting. The meeting will be a zoom meeting, please log on June 8th at 7 pm and participate in the vote! Tell all of your ADK friends that we need them to participate that evening.
This year the Chair, 1st Vice-chair for Outings and the Director positions need to be filled for next year.
We are happy to report that Mike Radomski has agreed to run for Chair and Frank Meyer has agreed to run for First Vice-chair / Outings Chair. Mike is the founder of Outside Chronicles, the Western New York Hiking Challenge, and has been moderating our Zoom meetings since last winter, so you may have seen him. Mike and Frank are both 46’ers and hike frequently in WNY. Both bring knowledge and enthusiasm to our chapter!
The Director position was eliminated by the change at the state level from a board of directors to the new Advisory Council. Kate Hacker was the temporary Director, and has been appointed by our Chair, Paul Gannon, as the new Advisory Trustee. Once our by-laws are revised later this year this position may become an elected position.
Please vote on June 8th!
Thank you everyone for agreeing to commit your time and energy to the support of our chapter!
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT CHAPTER ACTIVITIES
Three Cheers for the T-Shirt Sale!!
Our chapter t-shirt sale begins! Order from June 6 through June 19!!
We have revived the wonderful chapter logo designed by long time member Tim Kerr. For a limited time, we may order new T-shirts bearing this image honoring our chapter and Western New York! Made from 100% polyester interlock, the Sport-Tek Posicharge Competitor Tees are light, roomy, breathable, and moisture wicking – available in men’s and woman’s styles, in both short and long sleeve versions. Three colors are available – stealthy Forest Green, high visibility Deep Orange, and bright Atomic Blue. The shirts are being sold by Strictly Ts in Hamburg. Ordering is simple at ADKCLUBGEAR.COM!
All orders received during this period will be processed at the end of the sale. Expect delivery several weeks after the sale ends. Please note, the webpage will not be live until June 6, 2021.
FRI 5/21 and FRI 6/25 – Paddling Safety and Rescue Training
Cassanovia Pool with Andrea Vaillancourt-Alder – 8:00 am to 10:00am
Contact Mary Schraven at 716-946-7489 or email email@example.com for more information and to register. $50 per session, with subsidies available through the chapter scholarship application process.
Outings for ADK-NFC have resumed!
We are looking for Trip Leaders to setup outings for upcoming months!! Please contact Greg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your outing. If you need suggestions or want to become a Trip Leader, our Outings Co-Chairs can help!
- Hiking & Winter, Leslie Salathe, email@example.com
- Waterways, Richard Schraven, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will operate under the same guidelines established July 2020 to remain as safe as possible during this pandemic. A brief overview is listed below:
- Day trips ONLY. Overnight outings are prohibited.
- Outings are limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Participants must contact the leader and register in advance.
- Carpooling and spotting of cars are not allowed. Participants from different households are to provide their own transportation.
- The trip plan may not include eating in restaurants prior to or after the outing. Purchasing food from take out windows, such as ice cream stands, is allowed.
- All participants must carry sanitizer/ (or) soap and face masks, and review the following mask use rules.
- Masks are to be readily accessible so that they may be donned quickly when needed. Masks must be worn when within 6 feet of others, especially at busy trailheads and parking areas, public restrooms, when passing others on a trail, at a destination such as a summit, pond, or other attraction, and when stopping at rest areas, gas stations, and other crowded areas.
- Participants from different households are not to share equipment, food, or drinks. They need to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more from members of other households.
Join the ADK Niagara Frontier Chapter!
Click here to visit the Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK) website. Select a Membership type, Under Chapter, select Niagara Frontier.
Our 46er Flag
Carry on our Chapter tradition of carrying our ADK-NFC 46er Flag to the top of your 46th peak. Contact Lynn Kenney (825-7329) to pick up the 46er Flag so it can be a part of your celebratory photo when you complete your final peak to become an Adirondack 46er.
ADK-NFC Meeting Cancellation Policy
The Executive Committee approved a new policy coordinate the decision to cancel the Monthly General Meetings with the Amherst Central School Closings. Since the Amherst Community Church property abuts Amherst High School, the winter weather conditions that warrant school closings will also dictate our General Meetings. When Amherst Schools or After School Activities are cancelled on the day of our ADK meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, then our monthly general meeting will be cancelled. Cancellation news will be reinforced with emails and Facebook postings.
ADK CARES about:
Conservation, Advocacy, Recreation, Education and Stewardship