Our canoe-builder extraordinaire from the Adirondacks, Peter Hornbeck, once again brought a full house to our General Meeting. He also brought 2 canoes. The audience response is always enthusiastic, the questions thoughtful and varied, and Peter as likeable and gracious as ever. More than a few ADK members even boast ownership of a Hornbek canoe.
Peter overwhelmed our ADK audience when he donated one of his canoes to our club for a fundraiser raffle! Watch for marketing news regarding this raffle in the next Newsletter.
Peter has also been selected as a Commissioner for the Adirondack Parks Association, but politics has held up his appointment for not quite a year. I urge you to go to our Website, pull up the letter regarding Peter’s appointment, and either e-mail or snail mail it to Senator Antoine Thompson, the Senator from WNY who serves on the Environmental Committee. Please do it now. Don’t procrastinate. Thank You.
- Darien Lake State Park Hike – 6/30/18
- Backpack ‘Ha De Ron Dah’ Wilderness – 5/18-20/18
- Emery Park Hike – 5/5/18
- Bruce Trail Hike, Iroquois pt.2 – 4/29/18
- Zoar Valley North Rim Snowshoe – 3/17/18
- ADK LOJ Ski/Snowshoe – 3/9-11/18
- Laura Secord Trail, part 3 – 3/4/18
- Letchworth State Park – 2/18/18
- Laura Secord Trail, part 2 – 2/17/18
- Grand Island Snowshoe – 2/10/18