Our canoe-builder extraordinaire from the Adirondacks, Peter Hornbeck, once again brought a full house to our General Meeting. He also brought 2 canoes. The audience response is always enthusiastic, the questions thoughtful and varied, and Peter as likeable and gracious as ever. More than a few ADK members even boast ownership of a Hornbek canoe.
Peter overwhelmed our ADK audience when he donated one of his canoes to our club for a fundraiser raffle! Watch for marketing news regarding this raffle in the next Newsletter.
Peter has also been selected as a Commissioner for the Adirondack Parks Association, but politics has held up his appointment for not quite a year. I urge you to go to our Website, pull up the letter regarding Peter’s appointment, and either e-mail or snail mail it to Senator Antoine Thompson, the Senator from WNY who serves on the Environmental Committee. Please do it now. Don’t procrastinate. Thank You.
- ADK FALL OUTING – Finger Lakes Area – 10/26-28/18
- HIKE – Deer Lick Conservation Area – 10/14/18
- PEDAL & PADDLE – Niagara Parkway and River to Niagara on the Lake – 10/13/18
- BIKE – Wilson-Tuscarora State Park – 9/16/18
- Great Camp Sagamore Weekend – 9/21-24/18
- Conservation Trail through Hunters Creek – 9/22/18
- Bike Ride Circumnavigation of Grand Island – 9/8/2018
- Bike Ride from Lockport to Royalton Ravine Park- 8/11/18
- Devil’s Hole and Whirlpool Rapids Hike — 8/26/18
- Oswegatchie Canoe Camping (8/6– 8/8)