Our canoe-builder extraordinaire from the Adirondacks, Peter Hornbeck, once again brought a full house to our General Meeting. He also brought 2 canoes. The audience response is always enthusiastic, the questions thoughtful and varied, and Peter as likeable and gracious as ever. More than a few ADK members even boast ownership of a Hornbek canoe.
Peter overwhelmed our ADK audience when he donated one of his canoes to our club for a fundraiser raffle! Watch for marketing news regarding this raffle in the next Newsletter.
Peter has also been selected as a Commissioner for the Adirondack Parks Association, but politics has held up his appointment for not quite a year. I urge you to go to our Website, pull up the letter regarding Peter’s appointment, and either e-mail or snail mail it to Senator Antoine Thompson, the Senator from WNY who serves on the Environmental Committee. Please do it now. Don’t procrastinate. Thank You.
- Micro-Spike HIKE – Erie County Forest – 2/16/19
- Micro-Spike HIKE – Sprague Brook Park – 2/10/19
- SS/HIKE – Grand Island – 2/9/19
- XC SKI – Elma Meadows – 2/3/19
- ADK Allegany State Park Weekend – 1/18-20/19
- FAMILY HIKE – Deer Lick Conservation Area – 1/6/19
- HIKE – Royalton Ravine – 12/9/18
- HIKE – Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve – 12/8/18
- HIKE – Beaver Meadow Audubon Center – 11/17/18
- ADK FALL OUTING – Finger Lakes Area – 10/26-28/18