Our canoe-builder extraordinaire from the Adirondacks, Peter Hornbeck, once again brought a full house to our General Meeting. He also brought 2 canoes. The audience response is always enthusiastic, the questions thoughtful and varied, and Peter as likeable and gracious as ever. More than a few ADK members even boast ownership of a Hornbek canoe.
Peter overwhelmed our ADK audience when he donated one of his canoes to our club for a fundraiser raffle! Watch for marketing news regarding this raffle in the next Newsletter.
Peter has also been selected as a Commissioner for the Adirondack Parks Association, but politics has held up his appointment for not quite a year. I urge you to go to our Website, pull up the letter regarding Peter’s appointment, and either e-mail or snail mail it to Senator Antoine Thompson, the Senator from WNY who serves on the Environmental Committee. Please do it now. Don’t procrastinate. Thank You.
- Devil’s Hole and Whirlpool Rapids Hike — 8/26/18
- Oswegatchie Canoe Camping (8/6– 8/8)
- Klondike Lean-To Privy Re-made ’18
- Clarence Bike Trail Ride (7/30/18)
- Canoe Camping Allegheny National Forest (7/25-7/27/18)
- Memorial Day Work-Play Klondike Trail Weekend ’18
- Lockport to Gasport Bike Ride – 7/8/18
- Oak Orchard River Paddle – 7/14/18
- Darien Lake State Park Hike – 6/30/18
- Backpack ‘Ha De Ron Dah’ Wilderness – 5/18-20/18