Our canoe-builder extraordinaire from the Adirondacks, Peter Hornbeck, once again brought a full house to our General Meeting. He also brought 2 canoes. The audience response is always enthusiastic, the questions thoughtful and varied, and Peter as likeable and gracious as ever. More than a few ADK members even boast ownership of a Hornbek canoe.
Peter overwhelmed our ADK audience when he donated one of his canoes to our club for a fundraiser raffle! Watch for marketing news regarding this raffle in the next Newsletter.
Peter has also been selected as a Commissioner for the Adirondack Parks Association, but politics has held up his appointment for not quite a year. I urge you to go to our Website, pull up the letter regarding Peter’s appointment, and either e-mail or snail mail it to Senator Antoine Thompson, the Senator from WNY who serves on the Environmental Committee. Please do it now. Don’t procrastinate. Thank You.
- ADK LOJ Ski/Snowshoe – 3/9-11/18
- Laura Secord Trail, part 3 – 3/4/18
- Letchworth State Park – 2/18/18
- Laura Secord Trail, part 2 – 2/17/18
- Grand Island Snowshoe – 2/10/18
- Laura Secord Trail, part 1 – 2/3/18
- Franklin Gulf Hike – 1/27/18
- ADK Tug Hill Winter Outing – 1/19-21/18
- XC Ski at Knox Farm Park – 12/30/17
- Zoar Valley Hike – 12/10/17